Former BJP chief Nitin Gadkari, who will be contesting his debut Lok Sabha election from Nagpur, on Saturday declared his assets including a 1,050 sq ft flat worth Rs 3.87 crore in Mumbai and jewellery worth over Rs 86 lakhs.
The market value of his flat in a housing society at suburban Worli was Rs 52,05,000 when purchased in 2004. According to affidavit submitted along with his nomination papers on Saturday, Gadkari has jewellery worth Rs 86,16,230, along with Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) assets of Rs 59,87,562. His wife Kanchan owns ornaments worth Rs 63,88,623.
Gadkari’s total investments in National Saving Scheme (NSS), postal and LIC mutual funds stood at Rs 1,55,200 and that of his wife’s at Rs 12,05,529. While the senior BJP leader’s aggregate investments in shares stood at Rs 14,89,500, he is maintaining a balance of Rs 21,18,164 in accounts in eight different banks. He has opened a separate bank account for electoral purpose with balance of Rs 7,01,000, while cash in hand is Rs 24,500, according to the affidavit. Gadkari has invested Rs 11,86,500 and his wife Rs 18,40,000 in business.
As per the affidavit, he has taken a loan of Rs one crore from the Housing Development and Infrastructure Limited for the purpose of procuring property. Gadkari’s total liabilities stood at Rs 1,30,35,000. He has a fleet of vehicles worth Rs 14,70,000, the affidavit said. Submission of affidavit is mandatory at the time of filing of nomination papers as per Election Commission rules.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review