Former BJP chief Nitin Gadkari, who will be contesting his debut Lok Sabha election from Nagpur, on Saturday declared his assets including a 1,050 sq ft flat worth Rs 3.87 crore in Mumbai and jewellery worth over Rs 86 lakhs.
The market value of his flat in a housing society at suburban Worli was Rs 52,05,000 when purchased in 2004. According to affidavit submitted along with his nomination papers on Saturday, Gadkari has jewellery worth Rs 86,16,230, along with Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) assets of Rs 59,87,562. His wife Kanchan owns ornaments worth Rs 63,88,623.
Gadkari’s total investments in National Saving Scheme (NSS), postal and LIC mutual funds stood at Rs 1,55,200 and that of his wife’s at Rs 12,05,529. While the senior BJP leader’s aggregate investments in shares stood at Rs 14,89,500, he is maintaining a balance of Rs 21,18,164 in accounts in eight different banks. He has opened a separate bank account for electoral purpose with balance of Rs 7,01,000, while cash in hand is Rs 24,500, according to the affidavit. Gadkari has invested Rs 11,86,500 and his wife Rs 18,40,000 in business.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
As per the affidavit, he has taken a loan of Rs one crore from the Housing Development and Infrastructure Limited for the purpose of procuring property. Gadkari’s total liabilities stood at Rs 1,30,35,000. He has a fleet of vehicles worth Rs 14,70,000, the affidavit said. Submission of affidavit is mandatory at the time of filing of nomination papers as per Election Commission rules.