Launched in the state on Saturday, the newly formed Bahujan Republican Socialist Party (BRSP) has announced to contest 2017 assembly elections.
Speaking to the Indian Express, its national president Suresh Mane said, “We will certainly contest assembly elections in 2017. But whether we will go alone or with some other party, will be decided when the elections approach”.
Former head of the Law Department at the University of Bombay, Mane was one of the founding members of the Bahujan Samaj Party(BSP) in 1984. However, he was expelled from BSP by Mayawati owing to some differences. He had also worked with Dalit Soshit Samaj Sangharsh Samiti (DS4) and BAMCEF.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Stating that the main aim of his party was the “liberation and empowerment” of SCs, STs, and OBCs, Mane asked Gujarat government to conduct OBC census in the state and extend the creamy layer up to an annual income of Rs 10 lakh.
He also demanded that the Gujarat government should immediately bring a special law on reservation for STs, SCs and OBCs on the lines of the one passed in Maharashtra and introduce a special development plan for SCs/STs during the forthcoming budget session itself. Seeking rehabilitation of all displaced people in the state, he demanded an end to calling ‘adivasis’ as ‘vanvasis’ and remove all kind of discrimination in government educational institutions with SCs and STs.
Mane also demanded filling of all backlog vacancies in government departments and giving possesson of already allotted lands to SCs and STs.