Launched in the state on Saturday, the newly formed Bahujan Republican Socialist Party (BRSP) has announced to contest 2017 assembly elections.
Speaking to the Indian Express, its national president Suresh Mane said, “We will certainly contest assembly elections in 2017. But whether we will go alone or with some other party, will be decided when the elections approach”.
Former head of the Law Department at the University of Bombay, Mane was one of the founding members of the Bahujan Samaj Party(BSP) in 1984. However, he was expelled from BSP by Mayawati owing to some differences. He had also worked with Dalit Soshit Samaj Sangharsh Samiti (DS4) and BAMCEF.
Stating that the main aim of his party was the “liberation and empowerment” of SCs, STs, and OBCs, Mane asked Gujarat government to conduct OBC census in the state and extend the creamy layer up to an annual income of Rs 10 lakh.
He also demanded that the Gujarat government should immediately bring a special law on reservation for STs, SCs and OBCs on the lines of the one passed in Maharashtra and introduce a special development plan for SCs/STs during the forthcoming budget session itself. Seeking rehabilitation of all displaced people in the state, he demanded an end to calling ‘adivasis’ as ‘vanvasis’ and remove all kind of discrimination in government educational institutions with SCs and STs.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Mane also demanded filling of all backlog vacancies in government departments and giving possesson of already allotted lands to SCs and STs.