Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Monday said he never said that Narendra Modi, BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate, was “in a hurry” to get to the top post. He also reiterated his support for Modi.
“Some reports in newspapers have twisted the remarks that I made. The country is going through political and economic anarchy and there is no alternative to Modi. Only he can get the country out of this mess,” he said, at a press conference here.
In the last two days, Ramdev has campaigned for BJP’s candidate from Nagpur, Nitin Gadkari, who is contesting against seven-term Congress MP Vilas Muttemwar.
Denying that he ever said that Modi was in a hurry to become the Prime Minister, the yoga guru said he had only said that BJP was over-enthusiastic about its chances to win elections and it should not take any wrong decision in its over-enthusiasm.
“This was misinterpreted as Modi’s over-eagerness to take the top job”, Ramdev claimed.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Targeting AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal, Ramdev alleged “he is nothing but a stooge of Congress. That is why he wants to contest against Modi from Varanasi and not against Congress minister Kapil Sibal or DMK’s Kanimozhi.
Had Kejriwal been serious about combating corruption, he would have contested against “corrupt Congress candidates”, Ramdev said.