Patriarch of the BJP and former deputy prime minister LK Advani who landed here Saturday to kickstart his campaign, denied that the party’s PM candidate Narendra Modi was his protege and called him “a brilliant events manager”.
He refused to comment on the timing of the Cobrapost sting on Babri Masjid demolition and said that he had put everything in perspective in his book.
Speaking to the media outside Shree Kamalam, the BJP Gujarat’s new headquarter, Advani said that this was the first election he has seen since 1952 where there was no indecisiveness. “Everyone you ask will say that a government led by the Bharatiya Janata Party will be formed at the centre and Narendrabhai will be the Prime Minister.
Asked what he thought about his protege becoming the PM, Advani said, “First of all I don’t see him as my protege, I have seen him as a general secretary of the party. I think he is a brilliant events manager whose skills reflect in the government as well”.
To a question on whether he could compare Modi to former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Advani said “No I don’t think so. Atalji was a class by himself”.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Advani also added that he “rejoiced” the decision to contest from Gandhinagar and that his links with Gujarat were not linked to elections.
“I came to Gujarat because of the holocaust called partition, and settled in Adipur”, said Advani.