- Kiran Bedi win: RSS says it’s kabaddi, hold breath
- Veteran’s work vs son-in-law’s youth
- Dense and dingy, yet women feel ‘safer’ in colony than outside
- ‘Always a third front man, so I joined Congress’
- AAP to send star campaigners to Sadar Bazaar, Krishna Nagar
- Senior BJP leader trying to put AAP in negative light: Arvind Kejriwal
- After Rahul word, concrete offer: Flats for slum dwellers
Never intended to not contest from Gandhinagar: L K Advani
Patriarch of the BJP and former deputy prime minister LK Advani who landed here Saturday to kickstart his campaign, denied that the party’s PM candidate Narendra Modi was his protege and called him “a brilliant events manager”.
He refused to comment on the timing of the Cobrapost sting on Babri Masjid demolition and said that he had put everything in perspective in his book.
Speaking to the media outside Shree Kamalam, the BJP Gujarat’s new headquarter, Advani said that this was the first election he has seen since 1952 where there was no indecisiveness. “Everyone you ask will say that a government led by the Bharatiya Janata Party will be formed at the centre and Narendrabhai will be the Prime Minister.
Asked what he thought about his protege becoming the PM, Advani said, “First of all I don’t see him as my protege, I have seen him as a general secretary of the party. I think he is a brilliant events manager whose skills reflect in the government as well”.
To a question on whether he could compare Modi to former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Advani said “No I don’t think so. Atalji was a class by himself”.
Advani also added that he “rejoiced” the decision to contest from Gandhinagar and that his links with Gujarat were not linked to elections.
“I came to Gujarat because of the holocaust called partition, and settled in Adipur”, said Advani.