The BJP-led NDA, projected to come to power by exit polls, may review some of the decisions taken by the present UPA government, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu said on Wednesday.
“We will review some of the decisions that need to be reviewed. Some decisions which were taken after announcement of the elections and after the election code came into force, and those decisions which are politically motivated may be reviewed by the new government,” Naidu told reporters here.
On the appointment of new Army chief, Naidu opined that the government should have left the decision to the new government which would assume charge after May 16.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“They should have waited. Heavens are not going to fall. I am not going to make any comment on the issue because it is sensitive. I do not want to make any negative comment. On (May) 16th, results are going to be out and the new government is going to come. It is fair to give chance to the new government whichever manner they want to take decision,” he said.
All senior and important leaders of BJP will meet on April 17 in Delhi and hold a review meeting vis-a-vis election results, he said. According to Naidu, party president Rajnath Singh will talk to Narendra Modi on the issues to be discussed in the meeting.
“The party will decide what role senior leaders like Advani will play in future,” he said. Taking a dig at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the BJP leader said though it was not established that Singh was corrupt, he allowed corruption to take place in his tenure.
“When he took over the government from us in 2004, the GDP growth rate was 8.4 per cent. Now when he is stepping down the growth figures were reversed to 4.8 per cent. Though he is soft and straight forward, he gave chance for others to indulge in corrupt practices,” Naidu alleged.
He claimed that NDA is set to get over 300 seats and form the government comfortably. BJP would welcome other parties if they come and support NDA in national interest, he said, but hastened to add that it would not be at the cost of its poll allies.
He hoped that the BJP-TDP combine will come to power in Andhra Pradesh, while playing a “decisive role” in Telangana.