The BJP-led NDA, projected to come to power by exit polls, may review some of the decisions taken by the present UPA government, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu said on Wednesday.
“We will review some of the decisions that need to be reviewed. Some decisions which were taken after announcement of the elections and after the election code came into force, and those decisions which are politically motivated may be reviewed by the new government,” Naidu told reporters here.
On the appointment of new Army chief, Naidu opined that the government should have left the decision to the new government which would assume charge after May 16.
“They should have waited. Heavens are not going to fall. I am not going to make any comment on the issue because it is sensitive. I do not want to make any negative comment. On (May) 16th, results are going to be out and the new government is going to come. It is fair to give chance to the new government whichever manner they want to take decision,” he said.
All senior and important leaders of BJP will meet on April 17 in Delhi and hold a review meeting vis-a-vis election results, he said. According to Naidu, party president Rajnath Singh will talk to Narendra Modi on the issues to be discussed in the meeting.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The party will decide what role senior leaders like Advani will play in future,” he said. Taking a dig at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the BJP leader said though it was not established that Singh was corrupt, he allowed corruption to take place in his tenure.
“When he took over the government from us in 2004, the GDP growth rate was 8.4 per cent. Now when he is stepping down the growth figures were reversed to 4.8 per cent. Though he is soft and straight forward, he gave chance for others to indulge in corrupt practices,” Naidu alleged.
He claimed that NDA is set to get over 300 seats and form the government comfortably. BJP would welcome other parties if they come and support NDA in national interest, he said, but hastened to add that it would not be at the cost of its poll allies.
He hoped that the BJP-TDP combine will come to power in Andhra Pradesh, while playing a “decisive role” in Telangana.