Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday said like 2004 and 2009, the NDA’s “gas balloon” would burst again while claiming that the UPA government did remarkably well, as the BJP talked divisive politics.
“Their balloon of India Shining burst in 2004 as well in 2009… This time they are also filling a similar balloon with a gas cylinder which will also burst like in the past,” Gandhi told an election meeting at Aurangabad in Bihar.
Like in the past, the NDA is playing colourful music and distributing sweets in anticipation of winning the polls, but it will meet the same fate as in 2004 and 2009, he said. Ridiculing BJP’s Gujarat model of development, he said,”Bihar needs its own model of development and not any other model from outside.”
Earlier at Godda in Jharkhand, he said that the ‘Gujarat model’ would not be applicable in the entire country. “The UPA government has performed remarkably well… and don’t get misguided by tall promises, and vote for the Congress candidates.”
The Congress spoke about the poor and the common people, he said. “The Congress has always worked for unity and development of the country.” He also took potshots at BJP for raising the corruption issue and questioned it on the reinduction of B S Yeduruppa of Karnataka into the party fold.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The Congress leader accused the BJP of joining hands with a party like MNS of Raj Thackeray which had targeted people from Bihar and eastern Uttar Pradesh Maharashtra. “Similarly, many Sikhs told me that their land was takenaway at a lower rate in Gujarat in the name of development and even then Akali Dal which claims to be their champion chose to remain silent,” he alleged.