Joining issue with union Finance Minister P Chidambaram over his remarks on reservation policy, BJP senior leader Venkaiah Naidu on Tuesday said the party led NDA combine is committed to it and the FM was trying to create unnecessary apprehension among people.
“Chidambaram is frustrated over the popularity of Narendra Modi and NDA. He wants to divert attention to cover up his failure to deliver and is trying to create unnecessary apprehension over the reservation,” Naidu said.
He clarified that NDA is committed to reservation. However the alliance is opposed to reservation in the family, he said.
However, NDA was opposed to reservation in the family, indirectly referring to Gandhism,’ he said.
Chidambaram had claimed at an election meeting at Pudukottai yesterday that BJP would slowly bury the policy if it came to power.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
To a question on Sharad Pawar keeping open the door for the third front in government formation, Naidu, who is here to campaign for BJP candidate C P Radhakrishnan, said this was a clear indication that everybody was ditching Congress.
“UPA has become NPA (Non Perfoming Alliance) and everybody is ready to leave it… third front was a mirage since it was tried and was a failed experience,” he said.
To another question on Praveen Togadia’s reported hate speech over houses for Muslims, Naidu said though he had not gone through the statement, “the law will take its own course.”