Constituents of 29-party NDA on Tuesday chose Narendra Modi as their leader hailing him as “strong” personality with “extraordinary capabilities” under whom the country will prosper and attain a major stature in the world.
In his brief acceptance speech, Modi said even though BJP got a majority on its own in the Lok Sabha polls, NDA allies
will be as important for hiim as they would have been without it.
Gathered in the historic Central Hall of Parliament, leaders of NDA constituents, including TDP, Akali Dal, Shiv Sena, LJP and Nagaland Peoples’ Front, praised Modi stewardship and reposed confidence in him. Haryana Janhit Party chief Kuldeep Singh Bishnoi was conspicuous by his absence.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
TDP chief and former NDA convenor Chandrababu Naidu said under Modi’s Prime Ministership, India will find a place among
the world powers with “real competition” being with the US and China.
“In this nation building activity, we are one partner with Narendra Modi. We extend on behalf of TDP all cooperation
for his great job in cleaning the country and also developing the nation,” he said.
“I have seen so many leaders, but his determination, and also enthusiasm in doing things is extraordinary,” he said. Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray, while expressing his party’s support, said for 25 years, it has just been a struggle for the BJP-led alliance and now “good days have commenced”.
LJP leader Ram Vilas Paswan said the “miracle” of NDA getting so many seats in the Lok Sabha polls was possible only
because Modi was projected as the Prime Ministerail candidate.
He said the responsibility was “not a garland of flowers but a crown of thorns” and it was important to deliver on
promises in a time-bound manner.