Constituents of 29-party NDA on Tuesday chose Narendra Modi as their leader hailing him as “strong” personality with “extraordinary capabilities” under whom the country will prosper and attain a major stature in the world.
In his brief acceptance speech, Modi said even though BJP got a majority on its own in the Lok Sabha polls, NDA allies
will be as important for hiim as they would have been without it.
Gathered in the historic Central Hall of Parliament, leaders of NDA constituents, including TDP, Akali Dal, Shiv Sena, LJP and Nagaland Peoples’ Front, praised Modi stewardship and reposed confidence in him. Haryana Janhit Party chief Kuldeep Singh Bishnoi was conspicuous by his absence.
TDP chief and former NDA convenor Chandrababu Naidu said under Modi’s Prime Ministership, India will find a place among
the world powers with “real competition” being with the US and China.
“In this nation building activity, we are one partner with Narendra Modi. We extend on behalf of TDP all cooperation
for his great job in cleaning the country and also developing the nation,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“I have seen so many leaders, but his determination, and also enthusiasm in doing things is extraordinary,” he said. Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray, while expressing his party’s support, said for 25 years, it has just been a struggle for the BJP-led alliance and now “good days have commenced”.
LJP leader Ram Vilas Paswan said the “miracle” of NDA getting so many seats in the Lok Sabha polls was possible only
because Modi was projected as the Prime Ministerail candidate.
He said the responsibility was “not a garland of flowers but a crown of thorns” and it was important to deliver on
promises in a time-bound manner.