NCP will not field any candidate for Beed Lok Sabha bypoll if BJP were to field a member of Gopinath Munde’s family, Sharad Pawar said here on Saturday.
He was speaking at an all party condolence meeting for Munde, former Union minister, who passed away after a road accident on June 3.
Pawar recalled Munde’s humble upbringing and his contribution to Maharashtra’s development.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh described Munde as a champion of poor and farmers. “I am sure that Mundeji’s daughter Pankaja will try to fill the void caused by his demise,” Singh said.
Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray said both Munde and late Pramod Mahajan had ties with the Thackeray family. He assured Pankaja that he would always support her like a brother.
Smriti Irani, Piyush Goyal and Rajiv Pratap Rudy were among those present on the occasion.