NCP has asked Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan to convene a meeting of the Congress-NCP co-ordination committee to discuss the drought situation, farmers’ package and tie-up for the elections of mayor, deputy mayor and municipal council presidents.
State NCP unit president Sunil Tatkare, in a letter to the Chief Minister yesterday, urged that the meeting be convened at the earliest to ensure better co-ordination, party spokesman Nawab Malik told reporters here on Thursday.
“Due to lack of co-ordination, local Congress-NCP units join hands with rivals to bag the mayor, deputy mayor and municipal council presidents’ posts. To avoid this, we want to discuss the issue so that unpleasant incidents can be avoided. The co-ordination can be worked out before the election schedule is announced,” he said.
When asked about Samajwadi Party’s proposal for an alliance with Congress-NCP, Malik said, “Coming together of like-minded parties would be good.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review