NCP has asked Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan to convene a meeting of the Congress-NCP co-ordination committee to discuss the drought situation, farmers’ package and tie-up for the elections of mayor, deputy mayor and municipal council presidents.
State NCP unit president Sunil Tatkare, in a letter to the Chief Minister yesterday, urged that the meeting be convened at the earliest to ensure better co-ordination, party spokesman Nawab Malik told reporters here on Thursday.
“Due to lack of co-ordination, local Congress-NCP units join hands with rivals to bag the mayor, deputy mayor and municipal council presidents’ posts. To avoid this, we want to discuss the issue so that unpleasant incidents can be avoided. The co-ordination can be worked out before the election schedule is announced,” he said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
When asked about Samajwadi Party’s proposal for an alliance with Congress-NCP, Malik said, “Coming together of like-minded parties would be good.”