Thousands of BJP workers and supporters thronged the city streets on to catch a glimpse of the party’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, who began his road show here before going to the collectorate to file nomination papers for the Lok Sabha polls.
Tea vendor Kiran Mahida and a member of city’s royal family Shubhanginidevi Raje-Gaekwad will sign as supporters when Modi files his nomination papers for the Vadodara Lok Sabha constituency.
Wednesday is the last day of filing of nomination forms in the state which will witness single phase poll on April 30 to elect representative for 26 Lok Sabha constituencies.
BJP General secretary and party in-charge for Gujarat Om Mathur, state BJP president R C Faldu, senior RSS leader Suresh Jain and other party leaders will also accompany Modi during the filing of his nomination papers.
Modi, who arrived at the city airport at 10 AM, drove straight to Kirti Stambh premises in Raopura locality, from where he is leading the ‘Vijay Vikas Yatra’, a road show, that will passing through various parts of the city and reach at the collectorate to file his nomination papers.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
This is for the first time that he will visit the Vadodara constituency after selecting it as a second seat.
The Gujarat Chief Minister is also contesting from Varanasi Lok Sabha seat which will go to polls on May 12. Balkrishna Shukla, sitting BJP MP, who vacated his seat in favour of Modi, will file his papers as a dummy candidate.
Madhusudan Mistry, AICC general secretary and close aide of vice president of the Congress party Rahul Gandhi, who is contesting against Modi from this Lok Sabha seat, had filed his nomination papers on April 5.