Thousands of BJP workers and supporters thronged the city streets on to catch a glimpse of the party’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, who began his road show here before going to the collectorate to file nomination papers for the Lok Sabha polls.
Tea vendor Kiran Mahida and a member of city’s royal family Shubhanginidevi Raje-Gaekwad will sign as supporters when Modi files his nomination papers for the Vadodara Lok Sabha constituency.
Wednesday is the last day of filing of nomination forms in the state which will witness single phase poll on April 30 to elect representative for 26 Lok Sabha constituencies.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
BJP General secretary and party in-charge for Gujarat Om Mathur, state BJP president R C Faldu, senior RSS leader Suresh Jain and other party leaders will also accompany Modi during the filing of his nomination papers.
Modi, who arrived at the city airport at 10 AM, drove straight to Kirti Stambh premises in Raopura locality, from where he is leading the ‘Vijay Vikas Yatra’, a road show, that will passing through various parts of the city and reach at the collectorate to file his nomination papers.
This is for the first time that he will visit the Vadodara constituency after selecting it as a second seat.
The Gujarat Chief Minister is also contesting from Varanasi Lok Sabha seat which will go to polls on May 12. Balkrishna Shukla, sitting BJP MP, who vacated his seat in favour of Modi, will file his papers as a dummy candidate.
Madhusudan Mistry, AICC general secretary and close aide of vice president of the Congress party Rahul Gandhi, who is contesting against Modi from this Lok Sabha seat, had filed his nomination papers on April 5.