Narendra Modi on Thursday disclosed total assets worth Rs 1.65 crore — a rise of Rs 14.34 lakh from his declaration for Vadodara Lok Sabha seat a fortnight back, which was attributed by BJP to fund transfer by the party to an election account of its prime ministerial candidate.
The Gujarat Chief Minister’s wealth is Rs 68 lakh higher than his main opponent AAP’s Arvind Kejriwal, who on Wednesday declared his individual assets at Rs 96.25 lakh. However, former Delhi Chief Minister and his wife Sunita together have higher movable and immovable assets worth Rs 2.14 crore.
The rise in Modi’s assets is on account of a higher cash in hand and increase in his bank balance, as per his affidavit filed for the Varanasi seat. Modi is also contesting from Vadodara in Gujarat and the nomination for that was filed on April 9.
The cash in hand of the BJP leader has increased by Rs 3,000 while bank balance has seen a rise of Rs 14.31 lakh from the amounts disclosed in Vadodara affidavit. All other details remain same in the two documents.
Later, BJP’s senior Gujarat leader and legal cell convenor Kakubhai said that the apparent rise in Modi’s assets was because of funds being transferred by the party to the Vadodara election account of its Prime Ministerial candidate.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“The fund has been transferred in a transparent manner through RTGS (online transfer system),” he said while explaining the difference between the two affidavits.
The financial and other details of Modi’s wife Jashodaben remain “not known” in the Varanasi affidavit, as was the case in the earlier filing.
The filing mentions an election bank account in Varanasi in Modi’s name with a balance of Rs 5,000 as on April 21.
His Vadodara election account has a balance of Rs 25.52 lakh. The affidavit also mentions various other accounts in cities of Gujarat. BJP leaders claimed that Kejriwal has not disclosed his election bank account details in his affidavit for Varanasi Lok Sabha seat.
As per the affidavit, Modi has total cash in hand of Rs 32,700, bank balance of Rs 26.05 lakh and FDs worth Rs 32.49 lakh, besides other assets and investments.
Modi has not disclosed any “pending cases”. In case of Kejriwal, there are six cases that are pending against him in various courts.
Narendra Modi’s poll affidavit filed in Vadodara: