- AAP discredited, confident of BJP win in Delhi polls: Venkaiah Naidu
- Modi gets into the fight: ‘Delhi will decide how world sees India’
- AAP, BJP ignoring govt employees, says Ajay Maken
- Arvind Kejriwal mocks BJP’s 4-point agenda
- Modi gave India self-pride: Uma Bharti
- ‘Where have we promised statehood... it’s a sensitive issue, not a matter for elections’, says Amit Shah
- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
Narendra Modi will lead country to progress: Pawan Kalyan
Telugu film star and Jana Sena Party chief Pawan Kalyan on Saturday congratulated prime minister-elect Narendra Modi and hoped he would lead the nation towards progress.
“I am confident that Modi ji will lead the nation towards progress and development. He will give the youth of the country hope and direction. I wish him all success in the great responsibility that he has assumed,” Pawan said in a statement.
Pawan, who is the youngest brother of former Union Minister K Chiranjeevi, supported the TDP-BJP combine and campaigned extensively for its candidates in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
He attended many election meetings with Modi and TDP president Chandrababu Naidu.Earlier in the day, Modi thanked Pawan for the role he played during the election campaign in AP. “I want to express my gratitude to Pawan Kalyan garu for his enthusiasm and support through the campaign across Andhra Pradesh,” Modi tweeted.
“It was most graceful of Modiji to mention me. I have great respect for his leadership and have only tried to do my bit,” Pawan said in his statement.