Taking potshots once again at BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Thursday said that though the Gujarat leader has no problem in donning the traditional attire of other states, he is “wary” of wearing a “small cap”.
Referring to an incident in Gujarat where Modi had refused to wear a cap being presented by Muslim leaders, Khurshid said that though he (Modi) wears dresses, pagdi and saafa of other states, “he is wary of a small cap”.
“Respecting each other does not harm anyone’s religion but makes one closer to the local people of that region and also provides an opportunity to establish harmony and amity”, Khurshid, who was on a day-long visit to his parliamentary constituency, said.
When asked to respond on BJP president Rajnath Singh’s offer of an apology to Muslims, Khurshid said that he has
“proved to be a very weak person”.
To a question on the outcome of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, he said that they would be surprising. “There is a bend towards Congress,” he said alleging, “The crowd in Modi’s rallies is brought on payment.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Khurshid claimed that the work which has been done in his parliamentary constituency in the past five years had not been achieved in the past 20 years.