As the date for Lok Sabha elections approaches, the poll campaign is getting nastier and acrimonious. Apart from usual innuendos and snide remarks exchanged between the Gandhis and Narendra Modi, NCP chief Sharad Pawar is the latest to lock horns with the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate.
Though the Union Agriculture Minister had backed the Special Investigation Team’s clean chit to Modi over the 2002 Gujarat riots, the recent verbal dual between the two leaders has caught many by surprise. Call it political acumen or a desperation ahead of the D-day, new battle fronts are being opened to remain in news.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
In Amravati, Modi had said Pawar has done little to save the farmers in the belt, which has seen a spate of suicides. He had asked the voters to free India and Maharashtra of Pawar-led NCP.
“The Agriculture Minister is from here, yet he is unable to save farmers. He has time to talk on cricket but not for dying farmers. Let us have a NCP free India and Maharashtra,” Modi had remarked.
In response to this, the NCP chief said Narendra Modi needs to be “treated in a mental hospital for talking rubbish.”
“Modi must have deranged as he talks rubbish things and he is needed to be treated in a mental hospital,” the Union Agriculture Minister said at a rally at Ghanswangi, while campaigning for NCP candidate Vijay Bhamble.
He said Modi does not know about the sacrifices of Congress leaders in the freedom struggle.