As the date for Lok Sabha elections approaches, the poll campaign is getting nastier and acrimonious. Apart from usual innuendos and snide remarks exchanged between the Gandhis and Narendra Modi, NCP chief Sharad Pawar is the latest to lock horns with the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate.
Though the Union Agriculture Minister had backed the Special Investigation Team’s clean chit to Modi over the 2002 Gujarat riots, the recent verbal dual between the two leaders has caught many by surprise. Call it political acumen or a desperation ahead of the D-day, new battle fronts are being opened to remain in news.
In Amravati, Modi had said Pawar has done little to save the farmers in the belt, which has seen a spate of suicides. He had asked the voters to free India and Maharashtra of Pawar-led NCP.
“The Agriculture Minister is from here, yet he is unable to save farmers. He has time to talk on cricket but not for dying farmers. Let us have a NCP free India and Maharashtra,” Modi had remarked.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In response to this, the NCP chief said Narendra Modi needs to be “treated in a mental hospital for talking rubbish.”
“Modi must have deranged as he talks rubbish things and he is needed to be treated in a mental hospital,” the Union Agriculture Minister said at a rally at Ghanswangi, while campaigning for NCP candidate Vijay Bhamble.
He said Modi does not know about the sacrifices of Congress leaders in the freedom struggle.