Terming veteran BJP leader L K Advani as a father figure, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi urged voters at a rally in Kalol here on Wednesday, to elect him from North Gujarat’s Gandhinagar Lok Sabha constituency with a huge margin.
Praising the veteran party leader, BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi termed Advani as his political guru at a public rally in Kalol town of North Gujarat’s Gandhinagar district on Wednesday.
“I will always remain indebted for what Advani did for me. Even in difficult times, Advani showed me way by holding my hand. Just like a father, he also gave suggestions to me. Just like North Gujarat, Advani has a right over me,” Modi, who was born in Vadnagar town of North Gujarat’s Mehsana district said, during the rally.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Since Advani was not present at the rally,his son Jayant Advani shared the dais with Modi.
“I am the son of this soil and you people raised me. I have come here today to seek your help. Advani’s long public life is spotless and he remains dedicated to the nation. I want you to elect him with a huge margin,” Modi said.
Modi’s statement came amidst reported fissures in the relationship between the two BJP leaders. Advani had indicated that he wanted to contest from Bhopal, but the BJP asked him to contest from Gandhinagar instead.