Narendra Modi was unanimously elected as the leader of BJP Parliamentary Party on Tuesday with the Prime Minister-designate saying the election result was a vote for “new hope and aspiration” and he would try his best to live up to the expectations of the people of the country.
During his acceptance speech, 63-year-old Modi broke down when he referred to L K Advani’s mention that he had done
favour to the party by taking up the responsibility.
“Can serving the mother be a favour? A son is only dedicated to serve the mother….The favour has been done by the party,” he said addressing the newly-elected MPs of the party in the historic Central Hall of Parliament.
The election is an imporant formality before Modi approaches President Pranab Mukherjee for formation of his government.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Advani said Modi was a “popular” and “famous” leader and he was happy to propose his name. Joshi seconded the proposal
with a sense of “pride” and “joy”. Swaraj hoped that Modi will be a “famous” Prime Minister.
After the election, Modi said the recent election result had increased people’s faith in democracy and there is a “new hope” among people that this dispensation can fulfill their aspirations.
Committing his government to all sections of the society, particularly the youth, women and poor, he said, “I want to assure the people of the country that there is no need for pessimism going by the past bad experience…I am a very optimistic man and only an optimistic man can bring optimism in the country.”
“I will try to live up to expectations of people,” he said and promised to present report card to people in 2019.