Narendra Modi was unanimously elected as the leader of BJP Parliamentary Party on Tuesday with the Prime Minister-designate saying the election result was a vote for “new hope and aspiration” and he would try his best to live up to the expectations of the people of the country.
During his acceptance speech, 63-year-old Modi broke down when he referred to L K Advani’s mention that he had done
favour to the party by taking up the responsibility.
“Can serving the mother be a favour? A son is only dedicated to serve the mother….The favour has been done by the party,” he said addressing the newly-elected MPs of the party in the historic Central Hall of Parliament.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The election is an imporant formality before Modi approaches President Pranab Mukherjee for formation of his government.
Advani said Modi was a “popular” and “famous” leader and he was happy to propose his name. Joshi seconded the proposal
with a sense of “pride” and “joy”. Swaraj hoped that Modi will be a “famous” Prime Minister.
After the election, Modi said the recent election result had increased people’s faith in democracy and there is a “new hope” among people that this dispensation can fulfill their aspirations.
Committing his government to all sections of the society, particularly the youth, women and poor, he said, “I want to assure the people of the country that there is no need for pessimism going by the past bad experience…I am a very optimistic man and only an optimistic man can bring optimism in the country.”
“I will try to live up to expectations of people,” he said and promised to present report card to people in 2019.