Modi stands for ‘Model of Dividing India’, Congress said on Saurday, giving the BJP’s PM candidate back in the same coin, and accused BJP leaders of playing the “communal card” to garner votes.
Union Minister Kapil Sibal’s remarks at the AICC briefing came days after Priyanka Gandhi had mocked Narendra Modi for his ABCD and RSVP jibes against Congress telling him that he should realise that he was not addressing primary school students.
Modi had said that Congress was faithful to the RSVP model, meaning Rahul, Sonia, Robert Vadra and Priyanka, the Gandhi family members.
He had also attacked UPA government saying “A for Adarsh scam, B for Bofors scam, C for Coal scam, D for Damad (son-in-law) scam … this is the new A B C D… which the Congress adopted to introduce in a new book of alphabets for children.”
Sibal accused Modi of lowering political discourse saying, “he was aiming to be the PM but even a municipal councillor would know better about use of language and maintaining dignity.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Releasing a number of photos allegedly taken from Twitter account of some senior BJP leaders as well as well from some district level leaders, Sibal said photographs of events in Pakistan, Palestine and Bangladesh were being shown on these twitter handles as occurring in India to communalise the atmosphere.
He said one of the accounts is in the name of Nitin Gadkari. Though it does not belong to him but the former BJP President has not sought action against the fake account holder. It has a photograph of Gadkari and shows a photo of burning of Indian tricolour in Pakistan as something that happened in Hyderabad.
He also referred to a picture on the Twitter account of the District President of BJP Minority Cell in Kheda in Gujarat Asma Khan Pathan, which had a tweet with a photo of burning of Indian flag “falsely claiming” that Bangladeshi Muslims burning the Indian tricolour in Assam while the actual incident had taken place in Karachi.