Targeting Maratha strongman Sharad Pawar in the farmers’ suicide belt of Amravati, Narendra Modi on Sunday said the Agriculture Minister has time to talk on cricket but has been “unable to save” farmers.
He said Pawar has done little to save the farmers in the belt, which has seen a spate of suicides by farmers, and asked the voters to free India and Maharashtra of NCP.
“The Agriculture Minister is from here, yet he is unable to save farmers. He has time to talk on cricket, but not for dying farmers. Let us have a NCP free India and Maharashtra,” he said addressing an election rally here. Flaying the local body tax, he said, “LBT is nothing, but Looto Baato Tax. This tax is ruining the farmers of Maharashtra.”
Taking on the Congress, the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate said, “In 1857, the call was to free India from British and in 2014 the call is to free India from Congress”. “Be it unemployment or farmers, they are just not bothered. Sadly, these people in Congress do not know what poverty is,” he charged.
Once again referring to Rahul Gandhi as ‘shahzada’, he said, “Does the shahzada know the pain of sleeping without shelter on cold nights.” Pointing to the “CWG and Adarsh scams”, he said, “They have looted the country at will. Where will they be after May 16?” May 16 is the counting day and BJP is hopeful of coming back to power after 10 years.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Referring to the late Shiv Sena chief, Modi said, “Balasaheb Thackeray stays on in our hearts. Lets fulfil his dream of Congress Mukt Maharashtra and India.” Taking a dig at the Congress-led UPA, he said, “Usually there are coalitions to defeat the incumbent government but this is first election where everyone is coming together to stop Modi. They want to do everything to ensure that Modi does not come to power.”
Modi also referred to the past survey of Rajiv Gandhi Foundation (RGF) on Gujarat to attack Rahul Gandhi. “RGF has said in its survey that Gujarat is the most developed and progressive state. So are you questioning it (Foundation) in which your mother is chairperson?” Modi asked.
“These elections are a fight for good governance. After 16th May there will be time for good governance.”