Narendra Modi on Wednesday stepped up attack on Priyanka Gandhi for her “neech rajneeti” barb directed at him, wondering whether the people who made the accusation were aware of its meaning.
“Of late, I am being accused of indulging in “neech rajneeti”. But I ask, do they know what does that mean?” Modi said at an election rally in support of BJP candidate magician P C Sorkar here.
“After the brutal incident in Delhi, the Congress had not spent a single paise from the Nirbhaya fund. Does this not mean “neech rajneeti?” he said.
“During the Commonwealth Games, money had been made from purchase of toilet papers. Does this not mean `neech rajneeti’? Desh ka koyla kha gaya (the country’s coal assets had been plundered). I ask, does this not mean `neech rajneeti,” Modi said.
Giving another example, he said “When the prices of vegetables were skyrocketing, the Supreme Court asked the government to distribute them among the poor. But the government did not do that. Instead, the vegetables were sold.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Is this not “neech rajneeti”?
Turning the spotlight on Rahul Gandhi, Modi said that he had the penchant to go to villages along with the media like a person visits the Tajmahal with a camera to click photos.
“Rahulbhai will go to a poor household and start to take pictures with a child sitting in his lap. And then he will partake food with the family. Born with a golden spoon, what will he know about poverty?” he wondered.
Modi said that he used to sell tea in a train compartment and then had food with the proceeds of the sales. “I have seen poverty closely”, he went on.
Targetting Mamata Banerjee, Modi said she had lost an opportunity to work for the betterment of West Bengal.
“People perceived that real parivartan will usher in with Mamata coming to power three years back. But nothing has happened. An opportunity is lost. She is walking the same path as the Left did,” he alleged.
Modi also attacked the West Bengal chief minister for not being able to provide security to the women of the state.
“In this divine soil of the state, incidents of rapes are frequent,” he said.
Taking a jibe at the “prevent Modi” campaign of the Congress, Left and Mamata, he said that all of them are saying “prevent Modi from coming”.
“Maa, beta bol raha hai, Modi ko roko (Mother and son, referring to Sonia and Rahul, saying stop Modi). Buddha bhi bol rahe hai, Modi ko roko (Buddhadeb Bhattacharya also saying stop Modi). Even Didi, referring to Mamata, bhi bol rahe hai (Mamata too is saying that).
“Why none of them is saying stop inflation, stop unemployment?” he said adding “I suppose everyone is shaken about the certain outcome of the elections.”