- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Narendra Modi says he was kept waiting at Delhi airport
BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Tuesday claimed that aviation authorities at the Delhi Airport did not give prompt permission to his helicopter for taking off due to which he was late for his rally.
“I apologise to you for arriving late as you had to sit in this heat. But this delay was not because of me. At the Delhi airport I sat from 9.30 AM onwards but our helicopter was not being given the permission to fly,” Modi told the gathering.
The BJP leader said that normally he tries that “nobody is inconvenienced because of him but I am pained that you had to face this blistering sun”. “You are doing this penance in this heat, I assure you that I will never let this effort go waste,” he told the gathering.