Lashing out at Narendra Modi for sidestepping the issue of apologising for the 2002 Gujarat riots, Congress on Wednesday said that he is someone who “runs away” from giving an apology.
The Congress said Modi wants to prove to the country that a dictator never apologies.”If you see the 1984 riots, the Prime Minister and the Congress president have apologised. But Modi is someone who runs away from an apology. He wants to prove to the country that a dictator never apologises,” Congress leader Meem Afzal said.
Afzal’s remarks come after Modi said that Congress should first account for its “sins” before asking him to tender an apology.
The Congress leader attacked Modi by saying that he only says what is given to him and his general knowledge was “poor”.
“Modi says something or the other everyday. But as far as his memory is concerned, his general knowledge is very poor. Whatever is given to him, he only says that,” Afzal said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More