- Kiran Bedi win: RSS says it’s kabaddi, hold breath
- Veteran’s work vs son-in-law’s youth
- Dense and dingy, yet women feel ‘safer’ in colony than outside
- ‘Always a third front man, so I joined Congress’
- AAP to send star campaigners to Sadar Bazaar, Krishna Nagar
- Senior BJP leader trying to put AAP in negative light: Arvind Kejriwal
- After Rahul word, concrete offer: Flats for slum dwellers
Narendra Modi resigns as an MLA of Gujarat assembly
Prime Minister designate, Narendra Modi, resigned from the Gujarat Assembly as an MLA on Wednesday evening, ending his long association with the assembly.
Modi tendered his resignation to assembly speaker, Vaju Vala, in the evening around 7.15 pm. Before that, Modi attended a farewell function in the assembly complex organised by various organisations of the state government employees that included IAS and IPS officers’ associations.
In his address to the sizable gathering, Modi thanked all the employees for their support in running the government all these years. He specifically emphacised the fact that there was no strike of state government employees during his tenure of 4906 days.
Earlier in the day, Modi had also resigned as the Chief Minister of Gujarat. He had tendered his resignation as the CM to Governor Kamla Beniwal in the afternoon.