Prime Minister designate, Narendra Modi, resigned from the Gujarat Assembly as an MLA on Wednesday evening, ending his long association with the assembly.
Modi tendered his resignation to assembly speaker, Vaju Vala, in the evening around 7.15 pm. Before that, Modi attended a farewell function in the assembly complex organised by various organisations of the state government employees that included IAS and IPS officers’ associations.
In his address to the sizable gathering, Modi thanked all the employees for their support in running the government all these years. He specifically emphacised the fact that there was no strike of state government employees during his tenure of 4906 days.
Earlier in the day, Modi had also resigned as the Chief Minister of Gujarat. He had tendered his resignation as the CM to Governor Kamla Beniwal in the afternoon.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016