Addressing a rally in Assam, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday reiterated his resolve to choose the path of development with brotherhood and unity. He accused Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of inaction for the past 23 years and blamed the Congress for widespread poverty in the state. Modi says that only 10,018 people got employment out of 12 lakh under MNREGA. He made it amply clear to the Congress that that if they want to bring change, they have to change their mindset.
Referring to Sardar Vallabhai Patel, he said that Congress will never understand what BJP feels for the great leader: “he might have been a leader for the Congress party, but for BJP, he is the country’s leader.”
Modi also drew attention to Gopinath Bordoloi, who worked closely with Patel, but was conferred the Bharat Ratna only too late and that too by Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Highlighting Vajpayee’s work, Modi stated that he had also sanctioned Rs 1,000 crore package for the people of Northeast.
Even Assam’s CM Tarun Gogoi wasn’t spared. While taking a dig at Gogoi, Modi made a statement saying that in Gujarat, the size of water pipelines are so huge that Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi can travel along with his family car in them. Comparing the deteriorating law and order situation in Assam with Nagaland, Modi said the situation is worse here and that the state isn’t prepared to protect the CISF and BSF, let alone the common man.
Earlier, addressing a public rally in Imphal, Modi termed the death of Arunachal youth Nido Taniam as a national shame. The Gujarat Chief Minister said that Nido had died because of lack of governance in Delhi.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
Modi further attacked the Congress and the Centre over lack of development in Northeastern states like Manipur, asserting that their key programmes like MNREGA and panchayati raj had failed in the region.
The BJP strongman further referred to his idea of police exchange programme with the Northeast to promote national integration. Modi talked about a proposal wherein a contingent of 200 police personnel would go to Gujarat for two years, and after that period, a fresh team of another 200 personnel would follow. He said that the practice would boost better relations as well as provide more employment opportunities for people of Northeast.
Modi also reached out to the people of Manipur saying they knew English and technology, and there was no reason why they should not be developed.