Bhartiya Janta Party’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi has expressed the hope that if he comes to power at the centre, he would get cooperation of Mamata Banerjee government in creating a conducive atmosphere for industrialisation in West Bengal including resolving the Singur problem.
“I hope I will get all sorts of cooperation from West Bengal chief minister in solving the Singur tangle. Not only Singur, I hope I will get cooperation from the state govenment in creating a conducive atmosphere for industrialsation in the state. Hope Trinamool Congress will not indulge in votebank politics on the question of development of the state”, he told Bengali daily ‘Anandabazar Patrika’.
On the Nano project, he said, “I gave land to the Tatas when they were in trouble. But I had some guilty feeling towards West Bengal because it was not my intention to deprive it (of the project).
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“Now when I am thinking of the development of the entire country coming out of Gujarat, I have a thought on Singur also,” he said.
The Tatas had shifted their Nano small car project to Gujarat in 2008 in the face of agitation by Trinamool Congress against acquisition of farmland in Singur by the then Left Front government.
Terming the criticism against each other by BJP and TMC as “natural” during election campaign, Modi said, “BJP and TMC are two different parties. Ideologically, they are different. It is only natural that they will criticise each other during the election time. But if I come to power I will not be revengeful against any state.”
Modi said, “Whatever Mamata Banerjee says about me, I will not make any personal comment against her. On the other hand, I will give a guarantee that the state will not be deprived in any way as far as far as development is concerned. Whatever be the political differences (between us), Centre-state dispute should not be there”.