Congress on Wednesday accused Narendra Modi of practising politics of “taunts and insults” and spreading an “epidemic of lies” through personal attacks in his speeches.
“Modi’s speeches are only essays in negativism with the use of intemperate and unparliamentary language. He is always practising politics of tauntings and insulting comments to hide his own insecurity by launching personal attacks,” party spokesperson Abhishek Singhvi told reporters.
“There are such obvious ironies. Is it not ironical that the RSS pracharak belongs to an organisation, which has zero contribution to the freedom struggle but he repeatedly invokes Mahatma Gandhi,” he said.
He also took a jibe at Modi’s repeated praise of Sardar Patel reminding him that the first Home Minister of India had banned the RSS.
Singhvi said that Modi represents the very antithesis to the idea of India represented by Gandhi, Nehru and Patel as he unleashes the epidemic of lies.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Citing figures of development in Gujarat vis a vis in other Congress states under different parameters, he said while a number of states ruled by Congress and other parties have performed better than Gujarat, they do not make so much noise about it as Modi does about Gujarat.