BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Thursday offered worship at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara.
Modi, accompanied by TDP President N Chandrababu Naidu, offered prayers this morning.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Janasena founder, Pawan Kalyan, actor-turned-politician and brother of Union Minister Chiranjeevi, was also with the two leaders at the temple. Temple sources told PTI that they were in the temple for about 20 minutes. Before leaving the shrine, temple priests, amid chanting of vedic hymns, invoked divine blessings on Modi. After offering worship on the hills, the trio also offered prayers at the shrine of Lord Shiva called Vaayulingeswara at Sri Kalahasti, 40 km from here.
Later they flew to Madanapalli, 100 km from here, to address a public meeting. Police had made tight security arrangements for the visit.
Kicking off his two-day campaign in the region of residuary Andhra Pradesh, Modi, sharing the dais with Naidu and Pawan, addressed a public meeting here last night.
BJP sources said during his month-long campaigning across the country, Modi has also visited the famous shrines of Lord Vishwanath at Kashi and Lord Jagannath in Puri.