Nobel laureate Amartya Sen came out against Narendra Modi on Wednesday saying that he did not think he is a good prime ministerial candidate.
“My reaction on Modi is fairly well known. I don’t think he is a good prime ministerial candidate. Obviously he is very popular in some sections. He is very popular among the business community. That doesn’t mean he is my favourite candidate,” Sen told reporters here when asked about his view on the BJP prime ministerial candidate.
“So I would like someone who is more secular and minority communities like Christians and Muslims don’t feel threatened by him. That has to be one characteristic of the leader of the nation,” he said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Sen was here to cast his vote in Bolpur Lok Sabha seat.