- The Big Picture: What’s AAP
- A year later, the tweak: Desh to Dilli
- Bus from Burari laden with volunteers and hope
- Rare day out for AAP families
- Riot of support for AAP in communal hot spots
- Hunt on for CM house, will not accept Z-plus security
- No word from high command, Delhi Congress in a paralysis
- Latest News
- Second time at Ramlila Maidan: Hope overrides their doubts
- Kejriwal has no portfolio, will keep an eye on others
- In sea of white caps, BJP troika plans to be ‘forceful opposition’
- MP, MLA see Punjab as the next AAP stop
- A year later, the tweak: Desh to Dilli
- Arvind Kejriwal repeats his advice to sting the corrupt, asks police to act against ‘goondagardi’
- Proud that one of our volunteers has become Delhi CM: Anna Hazare
- Arvind Kejriwal not to keep any portfolio
- Now an Aam Aadmi Party Cola by beverage-maker inspired by Arvind Kejriwal’s party
- New chief minister Arvind Kejriwal holds meetings at Delhi Secretariat
- Cong’s Ajay Maken blames Sheila Dikshit for Delhi polls debacle
- Left, right, AAP
Narendra Modi nomination: Mayawati wants Election Commission action
BSP supremo Mayawati today said the Election Commission should take suo moto cognisance of the ‘manner’ in which BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi filed his nomination from Varanasi at the time when sixth phase of polling was being held all over the country, including Uttar Pradesh.
“BJP PM candidate Modi filed his nomination for Varanasi seat on Thursday. At that time polling for the sixth phase was being held all over the country including UP. The manner in which it was highlighted by the media in a one-sided manner is not right and the EC should take suo moto cognisance,” Mayawati told reporters here.
“EC should take strict steps. It is not in the public interest,” she added
Mayawati said that she has received information that that the crowd which assembled during Modi’s rally was mostly called from outside the city.
“As a planned strategy it was told that the crowd was local so as to take maximum benefit in Poorvanchal, but this won’t benefit,” she said.
An attempt is being made to create air in favour of BJP forcibly with the help of media with the funding of capitalists, which is not visible on the ground, Mayawati alleged.
Attacking the opposition parties she said that when they come to the power, they formulate policies to benefit capitalists and run the government.
The people have to vote after much consideration otherwise the country will be pushed backward, she said. The BSP supremo said that after capitalists they have also managed astrologers.
“Huge money is being invested to create air in their favour,” she alleged.
Mayawati said that there was a fight between BJP and Congress to form the government.
“While Congress is contesting by keeping in front its yuvraj as undeclared PM, BJP has kept forward Modi,” she said.
She said that if Modi has to contest election from UP, he should have contested against Rahul.
“If Modi has to contest election from UP itself then instead of Varanasi, he should have contested from Amethi against Rahul.
“I want to ask the EC that after Thursday special attention on the security should be paid not only in Varanasi, but all the places in Poorvanchal having temples and mosques,” she said.
Mayawati demanded that instead of UP, responsibility of these places should be given to the centre and necessary directives should be issued.
“If any incident takes place in Varanasi, it will affect the entire country,” she said.
On a question regrading SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav being the PM, the BSP supremo said that she sees a planned conspiracy into it.
“I don’t feel that he can become the PM. When he cannot handle the state, how will he handle the country,” she said.
On Congress promising reservation to Muslims, Mayawati said that the party was misleading them.
“It was the first time in 1995 we gave reservation to backward among Muslims. If Congress had to do it, it should had given reservation earlier. In reality it never looked into the continued…