The BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi hit out at Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on their home turf Thursday, saying the father and son were following him and holding rallies in Uttar Pradesh on the same day as him but the duo cannot develop UP like Gujarat as both lack ability.
Modi’s attack came during his his sixth Vijay Shankhnad rally in Gorakhpur, on a day Mulayam had spoken in Varanasi. It was the third time they addressed rallies in UP on the same day in recent months.
On December 20, Modi addressed a rally in Varanasi while Mulayam was in Badaun. On November 21, Modi spoke in Agra and Mulayam in Bareilly.
Addressing a gathering of nearly 2 lakh people in the Muslim-dominated Manbela area Thursday, Modi pledged that he would ensure the security of the common man, employment to youths and safety of women in Uttar Pradesh.
“Netaji has challenged me in Varanasi today. I am happy that both father and son are following me. Today they said that Modi cannot turn UP like Gujarat. But Netaji does not know the meaning of turning UP like Gujarat,” Modi said referring to Mulayam.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Modi said that change like Gujarat means round-the-clock power supply in every city and village and maintaining a farm growth rate of more than 10 per cent for 10 years. He said UP’s farm growth rate of 3-4 per cent showed what Mulayam was capable of.
“I will be happy if you develop UP like Gujarat so that youths from Gujarat come to UP for employment. But you can never do that,” Modi said addressing Mulayam, adding that the SP had ruined the state for its vote bank politics.
Modi said UP alone could generate employment for the entire country if its resources are used properly.
Referring to a fertilizer factory near the venue of the rally which had been closed by the UP government in 1998, Modi said while farmers struggled for fertilisers, the state government had closed a factory which could also generate jobs.
Modi urged UP’s sugarcane farmers to visit Gujarat and see the coordination between sugar mills and farmers there. “In UP, examinations of schools and colleges are not held on time, so how can sugar mills start operating on time here during the crushing season?” Modi asked.
Modi said UP needed good governance for change. He also urged people to give him 60 months to bring that change and fulfill dreams considering the congress had been given 60 years in power.
He also claimed that the results of the recent Assembly elections in the four heartland states had shown that the Scheduled Castes, the poor and tribal people had begun supporting the BJP.