Senior Congress leader and Union minister Beni Prasad Verma ignited a fresh controversy by dubbing Narendra Modi as the “biggest goon” of RSS and BJP president Rajnath Singh as his “slave”, triggering strong reaction from the opposition party.
Addressing an election meeting in Sadullanagar township here last night, Verma said Modi is the “biggest goonda” (goon) of RSS as the language being used by him in elections is not normally used in democracy.
He said while Mahatma Gandhi gave his life for secularism, RSS got him assassinated.
“Modi could not have become prime ministerial candidate without the nod of Rajnath Singh. This proves that Rajnath Singh is not the president of the party but Modi’s slave (ghulam),” Verma said.
Reacting sharply to Verma’s remark, former BJP President Nitin Gadkari said such statements were a result of Congress’ “frustration”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Party Vice-President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said several Congress leaders including Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and Salman Khurshid have used language which is “inappropriate”. “They have crossed all limits. A Congress leader recently threatened to cut Modi into pieces. Such statements only vitiate the peaceful atmosphere during elections,” Naqvi said.
During his speech, Verma also said that BJP and RSS are a threat to the country and everyone should think about it before voting.
The union minister said at the time of Godhra riots, the then Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee was going to dismiss the Gujarat government but Advani saved Modi “…later however, the veteran BJP leader found it difficult to get himself a party ticket”, he said further.