Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Tuesday said the Congress election manifesto was a paper of betrayal as the party did not take tough action against terrorism in contrary to its promise in manifestos of previous general elections.
Addressing a huge party rally in this municipal town at the northern end of Kerala, Modi said, “The country requires a strong government, not a weak, handicapped one. Congress has brought out a paper in the name of manifesto. In 2004 and 2009, they promised an uncompromising fight against terrorism. But the party did not take strong action against terrorism. To what extent were you (Congress) serious and sincere to the promises given in the manifesto? In 2004 and 2009, your manifesto had promised to strengthen the defence forces, but do the security forces in the country have enough equipment?’’ Modi asked.
Taking on Defence Minister A K Antony, who is leading the Congress campaign in Kerala, Modi asked, “Antony do you know that 97 per cent of the weapons and planes with the Air Force were outdated? Antony should explain how the coastline of the country would be safe when submarines are lost in accidents and the naval chief himself quitting the office. What explanation can Antony give when the country has been incurring a huge loss from the naval tragedies?”
On Kerala, Modi said the land of tourism has turned into a nursery of terrorism. “Kerala is one of the 10 states with the highest incidents of violence against women. Of the ten such states, six are ruled by Congress and the rest by its allies,” he added.
Modi said the reason for the state’s rot was the friendly-electoral battle between the Congress-led United Democratic Front and CPI (M)-led Left Democratic Front. There is an unholy alliance between these two fronts, which mutually agree to cover up each one’s corruption and faults.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016