Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Tuesday said the Congress election manifesto was a paper of betrayal as the party did not take tough action against terrorism in contrary to its promise in manifestos of previous general elections.
Addressing a huge party rally in this municipal town at the northern end of Kerala, Modi said, “The country requires a strong government, not a weak, handicapped one. Congress has brought out a paper in the name of manifesto. In 2004 and 2009, they promised an uncompromising fight against terrorism. But the party did not take strong action against terrorism. To what extent were you (Congress) serious and sincere to the promises given in the manifesto? In 2004 and 2009, your manifesto had promised to strengthen the defence forces, but do the security forces in the country have enough equipment?’’ Modi asked.
Taking on Defence Minister A K Antony, who is leading the Congress campaign in Kerala, Modi asked, “Antony do you know that 97 per cent of the weapons and planes with the Air Force were outdated? Antony should explain how the coastline of the country would be safe when submarines are lost in accidents and the naval chief himself quitting the office. What explanation can Antony give when the country has been incurring a huge loss from the naval tragedies?”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
On Kerala, Modi said the land of tourism has turned into a nursery of terrorism. “Kerala is one of the 10 states with the highest incidents of violence against women. Of the ten such states, six are ruled by Congress and the rest by its allies,” he added.
Modi said the reason for the state’s rot was the friendly-electoral battle between the Congress-led United Democratic Front and CPI (M)-led Left Democratic Front. There is an unholy alliance between these two fronts, which mutually agree to cover up each one’s corruption and faults.