Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi is headed to Northeast on Saturday as he is slated to address public rallies in Imphal and Guwahati. Later in the day, the Gujarat Chief Minister will also address a rally in Chennai.
Referring to his schedule for Saturday, Modi posted a tweet in the morning saying he had a long day ahead. And along with the text, Modi also tweeted a link to his website which carries videos of people waiting for him in Assam and Manipur.
एक लंबे दिन की शुरुवात, मणिपुर के लिये निकल रहा हूँ…आज इम्फाल, गुवाहाटी और चेन्नई में जनसभाएं हैं http://t.co/NrZZNextVo
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) February 8, 2014
Interestingly, a day before Modi’s Northeast tour, senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj on Friday night recalled her Mizoram connection on twitter, claiming she lived in the state for three years and had close association with the region for over 40 years.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Yes I lived in Mizoram for three years and close association of nearly 40 years. @laittadavid
— Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwarajbjp) February 7, 2014
Notably, the visit of Modi to Northeastern states of Assam and Mizoram comes almost a week after the death of Arunachal Pradesh youth Nido Taniam in the national capital. Nineteen-year-old Nido was allegedly beaten by shopkeepers in Lajpat Nagar area of New Delhi, following which he succumbed to his injuries in AIIMS.
The death of the youth sparked outrage in the national capital and some other parts of the country as well. Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal also joined the protestors in Delhi and demanded speedy probe and justice in the case.
The issue was also raised by Sushma Swaraj and JD(U)’s Sharad Yadav in the Lok Sabha.