Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Wednesday said he was extending issue-based support to Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi as he felt that “he alone” can provide a stable and strong government at the Centre.
Major issues facing India were corrupt political system and stashing of black money worth several lakh crores outside the country. “Only Modi can tackle the issue”, Ramdev told reporters at the airport.
Stating that he was touring the entire country to create awareness and “awaken” the people on the issues like corruption and black money, Ramdev said there was an urgent need to bring back the money stashed in foreign banks, which could be utilised for the development of the country. Ramdev said he had completed the tour of Tamil Nadu and proceeding to Kerala.
To a question on supporting AIADMK supremo and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa for the post of Prime Minister, he said he was extending “good wishes” to her.
“Let Jayalithaa play a key role in establishing a strong and stable India after the polls. However, it is for the people to decide as to who will be the next Prime Minister”, he said.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
Stating that though different opinion polls and surveys on Lok Sabha polls had predicted around 225 seats for NDA, Ramdev said “my own survey will give 300 seats for NDA, less than 100 seats each for Congress-led UPA and proposed Third Front and around 50 seats for other parties led by Jayalalithaa and Mayawati.
On the performance of Aam Admi Party, he said “instead of solving problems of people, the party itself has become a problem.”