As the Narendra Modi government turns 100-day-old on Tuesday, an unimpressed Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi on Monday said he would award the Prime Minister only three points in a scale of 10.
“I will give only three marks out of 10 to the Modi government after taking into account its performance on various fronts till date,” Manjhi said. The NDA government’s attitude towards Bihar was negative, it failed to contain price rise and to bring back black money from foreign shores that it had promised to do so at the earliest, Manjhi told reporters on the sidelines of ‘Janata Durbar’ at his official residence.
“The Modi government ignored our legitimate demand for special status or special package. Besides, our state did not get anything worthwhile in the budget,” he said. Continuing with the ‘step motherly’ attitude like that of the UPA government, the BJP led dispensation did not provide funds for road, irrigation, railway and power projects in Bihar, the chief minister said.
It appeared that Modi has imposed dictatorship of sorts by not allowing his ministers to have private secretaries of their choice, he said. Manjhi said he did not believe that Modi is ‘pro-poor’ as the central government has not launched any scheme to mitigate the plight of the downtrodden, farmers and unorganized labourers.
The JD(U) leader also trashed the Prime Minister’s tough talk on rooting out corruption saying the steps taken in this direction yielded nothing while crores of rupees were recovered from the residence of a BJP MP from Bihar recently.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016