Returning the compliment, Rahul Gandhi will be holding a roadshow in Varanasi on May 10, the last day of campaigning for the parliamentary seat from where BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate is contesting, to counter Narendra Modi’s aggressive campaign in Amethi.
Sources said Rahul, Congress Vice President, will be in Varanasi on Saturday for the roadshow.
The decision of Gandhi’s roadshow in Varanasi was taken after Modi, BJP’s prime ministerial candidate, had held a rally in the Congress Vice President’s Lok Sabha constituency Amethi on May 5 and targetted the Gandhi family.
Modi’s rally in Amethi also came on the last day of campaigning for the eighth phase of polling and was an attempt to give a push to the BJP candidate’s poll prospects in the pocketborugh of Gandhi family at a time when Congress is facing difficult election nationwide, particularly in central and eastern UP.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Gandhi’s road show in Varanasi is being seen as a way of getting back at Modi who had broken the unwritten code that no top political leader campaigns in the political backyard of a top rival.
At the AICC briefing, party spokesman Shashi Tharoor said “we do not have any official word on it” but added it is natural that Gandhi would like to be active in the final phase.