Narendra Modi has “crossed all limits in misleading people in his bid to get to the prime minister’s chair”, Congress president Sonia Gandhi said on Tuesday, as she continued her tirade against the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate.
“Some parties main agenda is to spread lies against the Congress. Especially, the BJP leader is crossing all limits to mislead people. To get to the Prime Minister’s chair he is creating a craze in the whole country,” Gandhi said without naming Modi.
“It seems as if they don’t have faith in our country’s social, political and constitutional system,” she told an election rally here in support of party candidate Deepa Dasmunshi who is fighting from Raiganj constituency in North Dinajpur district.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Gandhi alleged that for the chair they started spreading such a big network of lies that it became a matter of concern if the country’s democracy was safe in the hands of such people.
The great leaders of the Congress alongwith crores of workers toiled hard and made sacrifices to build the country, she said and asserted that her party had struggled to keep the unity of the country in tact. She said that in the last ten years the UPA government under the leadership of Dr Manmohan Singh had done work for the benefit of all and “it is before you to see”.
“Despite the financial problem worldwide, India’s growth rate was good. We made policies and programmes and enacted laws for the benefit of all,” Gandhi said.