Amid reports that Telugu Desam Party (TDP) is cosying up to NDA,party chief N Chandrababu Naidu on Wednesday shared the stage with BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi at a programme in New Delhi and heaped praise on the erstwhile Atal Bihari Vajpayee government.
He joined Modi and Rajya Sabha MP Ram Jethmalani at a programme organised for college students.
Addressing the gathering,Naidu held the Congress-led UPA government responsible for the slowdown in the economy and the falling rupee.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Congress should be defeated in the 2014 election or we will have to suffer for some more time. 2014 is a very good time to defeat Congress,” he said.
Naidu recalled the achievements of the NDA government and said it had made progress in the field of highways,mobile connectivity and growth in technology.
There are reports that Naidu is in talks with BJP to join NDA ahead of the 2014 polls. He met BJP President Rajnath Singh recently on the issue of Telangana during which the issue of joining the alliance was also reportedly discussed.
However,BJP has maintained that till now there is no concrete move on the issue.
Naidu,whose main political adversary in Andhra Pradesh is Congress and YSR Congress,said the country is going through a crisis under UPA.
On the ongoing controversy over the ordinance on convicted lawmakers,Naidu said,”You have all seen the drama that is going on…. The Prime Minister is only a tool in the hands of Sonia Gandhi.”
He said Rahul Gandhi had till last week not spoken on the Supreme Court verdict against convicted MPs which the ordinance sought to overturn.
He said the devaluation of the rupee has taken place under Congress rule and this has resulted in lack on foreign investment in the country.
The TDP chief said that since Independence till 1991,India was ruled by Congress,except for a brief spell of Janata Party rule,and the growth rate in this long period was only 3-4 per cent.
Though Modi shared the dais with Naidu and exchanged pleasantries with him,he did not make any specific mention of the TDP chief in his short inaugural speech.