Charging Congress-led UPA government of being “insensitive” towards the issues concerning the women in the country, BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi Saturday advocated reservation for women in Parliament and state legislatures and batted for early passage of the Women’s Reservation Bill by the Parliament.
“(Women) Reservation issue should be taken seriously. It should be passed at the earliest,” Modi said during an interaction with women from across the country on the occasion of International Women’s Day as part of BJP’s “Chai pe Charcha” outreach campaign in the capital.
He, however, cautioned against the culture of “sarpanch pati” (husbands of Panchayat representatives) that deny the women right to decision making despite reservation in Panchayats. “Sarpanch Pati culture would not allow women empowerment,” he cautioned.
Modi, however, came down on the UPA government, charging it of being insensitive towards the issue of women, highlighting that Rs 1,000 crore of the Nirbhaya Fund meant for women remained unused. “Intention is more important than laws,” he said.
Modi advocated the need for social awareness to get rid of the “discrimination” between boy and girl child.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More