Charging Congress-led UPA government of being “insensitive” towards the issues concerning the women in the country, BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi Saturday advocated reservation for women in Parliament and state legislatures and batted for early passage of the Women’s Reservation Bill by the Parliament.
“(Women) Reservation issue should be taken seriously. It should be passed at the earliest,” Modi said during an interaction with women from across the country on the occasion of International Women’s Day as part of BJP’s “Chai pe Charcha” outreach campaign in the capital.
He, however, cautioned against the culture of “sarpanch pati” (husbands of Panchayat representatives) that deny the women right to decision making despite reservation in Panchayats. “Sarpanch Pati culture would not allow women empowerment,” he cautioned.
Modi, however, came down on the UPA government, charging it of being insensitive towards the issue of women, highlighting that Rs 1,000 crore of the Nirbhaya Fund meant for women remained unused. “Intention is more important than laws,” he said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Modi advocated the need for social awareness to get rid of the “discrimination” between boy and girl child.