As he stepped into Parliament for the first time, Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi on Tuesday bowed, with his forehead touching the stairs, to register his high respect for the “temple of democracy”.
Soon after arriving at the main gate of the Parliament building, Modi was greeted with bouquet by BJP leaders. After accepting their greetings, Modi touched the ground of the entrance with folded hands.
“I visited the Gujarat Chief Minister’s chamber for the first time when I became the Chief Minister. I entered the Gujarat Assembly for the first time after I became the Chief Minister. I have come here also for the first time,” the 63-year-old said later in the historic Central Hall of Parliament.
Speaking after being elected as the leader of BJP Parliamentary Party, he described Parliament as the “temple of democracy” for which he has immense respect.
Hailing India’s democracy, Modi said his elevation to the high post was a reflection of how a common man could aspire and achieve big goals. “A new hope has arisen in the common man. This is the biggest significance of this election results. At the end of the day for whom is the government? It is for the poor,” he said.
He credited party seniors and past generations for the spectacular victory and said Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s presence would have added more joy to the event.
“Had Atal Bihari Vajpayee been well, his presence would have been like ‘sone par suhaga’ (icing on the cake),” he said.
Earlier, all the top BJP leaders warmly greeted Modi in the Central Hall. Modi touched L K Advani’s feet, seeking his blessings.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest