With Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi set to connect with people through a discussion over a cup of tea, Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) president Lalu Prasad on Wednesday expressed doubt over the former being a tea seller and stressed it was he who used to sell tea in his childhood in Patna.
“I used to sell tea with my elder brothers from a shop near the police quarters in the veterinary college area in my childhood days,” Prasad told reporters.
Highlighting his humble background, he said, “I used to sell tea and biscuits while studying in school.”
Prasad said he never deemed it necessary about highlighting his childhood days when he and his elder brothers had to sell tea for sustenance and also expressed doubt about the information floated by the BJP that Narendra Modi used to sell tea on trains.
“Woh chai kahan se bechega, woh to khoon bechta hoga ya danga bechta hoga (How can he sell tea, he must have been selling blood or riots),” the RJD chief said in his caustic remark on Modi.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The RJD has already applied for permission of a parallel rally at Muzaffarpur on March 3, when Narendra Modi is scheduled to address a rally in the same place.