- Modi gets into the fight: ‘Delhi will decide how world sees India’
- AAP, BJP ignoring govt employees, says Ajay Maken
- Arvind Kejriwal mocks BJP’s 4-point agenda
- Modi gave India self-pride: Uma Bharti
- ‘Where have we promised statehood... it’s a sensitive issue, not a matter for elections’, says Amit Shah
- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
Narendra Modi attacks Amrinder Singh for ‘hiding’ foreign bank account detail
Narendra Modi on Saturday targeted former Punjab Chief Minister and Congress candidate from Amritsar Amrinder Singh for allegedly not divulging details of foreign bank accounts held under his wife and son’s name in his affidavit and demanded reply from the party.
“A complaint has been filed with the Election Commission against the former chief minister of Punjab and Congress candidate from Amritsar that he has not divulged details of foreign bank accounts under his wife and son’s name. This is a very serious issue and Congress should give answer on it,” Modi said.
“A question has been raised before the Election Commission whether Singh has foreign bank accounts and I would also ask officers of the government of India to tell the truth to the people of the country,” the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate said.
Modi said that citizens of the country want black money stashed in foreign banks back to the country “but those who have looted the money and parked in the foreign banks were against this thought.”
“You people say that the black money should be brought back to the country but there are people in the country who are against this. It is those “lootere” (robbers) who do not want the black money back to the country,” he said.