Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi on Sunday assured Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa of “absolute cooperation” between the Centre and her state while lauding her for her party’s stupendous victory in the Lok Sabha polls.
Modi spoke to Jayalalithaa over phone and thanked her for her letter on Friday congratulating him for his party’s ‘magnificent win’ in the elections.
“Selvi (Ms) J Jayalalithaa, wished him a very successful tenure as Prime Minister of India. The Hon’ble Prime Minister– designate assured the Hon’ble Chief Minister that there will be absolute co-operation between the Government of India and the Government of Tamil Nadu,” a state government release here said.
Modi’s assurance came in the wake of the AIADMK chief saying in her letter that she looked forward to a meaningful era of Centre-state cooperation with the BJP leader at the helm of affairs.
The release said Modi also congratulated Jayalalithaa for her party’s ‘remarkable victory’ where she notched up 37 of the 39 seats in the state.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016