Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi on Sunday assured Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa of “absolute cooperation” between the Centre and her state while lauding her for her party’s stupendous victory in the Lok Sabha polls.
Modi spoke to Jayalalithaa over phone and thanked her for her letter on Friday congratulating him for his party’s ‘magnificent win’ in the elections.
“Selvi (Ms) J Jayalalithaa, wished him a very successful tenure as Prime Minister of India. The Hon’ble Prime Minister– designate assured the Hon’ble Chief Minister that there will be absolute co-operation between the Government of India and the Government of Tamil Nadu,” a state government release here said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Modi’s assurance came in the wake of the AIADMK chief saying in her letter that she looked forward to a meaningful era of Centre-state cooperation with the BJP leader at the helm of affairs.
The release said Modi also congratulated Jayalalithaa for her party’s ‘remarkable victory’ where she notched up 37 of the 39 seats in the state.