Taking a swipe at the Gandhi family, Narendra Modi on Saturday said the mother and son have never gone through the pangs of penury and asked the people of Uttarakhand to overthrow the “government of plunderers” who have looted the people and stashed their money abroad.
He charged that the government of the “mother and son” (Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi) has destroyed the country and the “saddest part” is that they are “not affected or worried by this. They think people will forget everything.”
Modi also attacked Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and said, the “Home Minister” of the “mother and son” says that people forget everything (corruption and inflation) like the “way they forgot the Bofors (scam)”.
“If you want back the country’s looted money stashed abroad, you will have to first remove the government of plunderers in New Delhi,” he told an impressive election meeting held here in support of party candidate from Pauri Lok Sabha seat and former chief minister Bhuvan Chandra Khanduri.
He said the mother-son government at the Centre cannot feel the pain of the poor because they were born rich with a golden spoon in their mouth and never went through the pangs of penury.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Again describing himself as a “humble chaiwala” who has seen it all moving from one railway compartment to another to offer people tea, Modi said this time the poll battle is between the mother-son duo on the one side and a chaiwala on the other.
“Namdars on the one hand and a kamdar on the other,” he said, targeting Sonia and Rahul Gandhi.
The Gujarat Chief Minister said the country had given 60 years to administrators but now it was time it gave 60 months to a servant and a chowkidar (watchman).
“You gave 60 years to administrators.Give just 60 months to a servant and a chowkidar. I can assure you I am a chowkidar who would never let anyone lay a hand on the country’s coffers,” he said.
Seeking to strike an emotional chord with the people of the state, Modi said he shared a special bonding with the people of Uttarakhand as he was a in-charge of the party’s affairs in the state many years ago.
However, he regretted not being allowed to do anything for the people of the state when calamity struck in June last year.
“I got restless when I heard of the tragedy and wanted desperately to do something for the victims. I came running but due to perverted politics I was not allowed to do anything. I shall always regret it,” he said.
Terming the Uttarakhand government as the “worst example of failure in the face of crisis”, he said the “mother-son” government of New Delhi will also have to share the responsibility for this “failure”.
He said the Congress at the Centre had promised to give jobs to 10 crore youths in ten year’s time but gave jobs to just one crore of them whereas the Vajpayee government gave jobs to 6.5 crore youths in a tenure lasting just six years.
Asking people to turn up in large numbers at the polling booths to cast their vote, Modi said if they wanted a stable government in New Delhi under his leadership they will have to ensure the victory of all the five BJP nominees from Uttarakhand.
“It is the Himalayas.Weather changes quickly here. But you have to venture out to cast your ballot regardless of whether
it is raining or getting cold,” he said.