In a show of unity, Narendra Modi on Saturday asked party workers to ensure victory of BJP patriarch L K Advani by a “huge margin” from the constituency and recalled the “illustrious” political career of the party veteran.
Addressing a rally in the presence of Advani before he filed the nomination, Modi recalled his recent remarks that the 2014 general elections will be fought by the electorate and not by any party or candidate.
He said the party workers have to ensure victory of Advani by a “huge margin” from Gandhinagar. The Gujarat Chief Minister also recalled the “illustrious” political career to Advani and contribution to the country.
Advani is not on the best of terms with Modi after he opposed Gujarat chief minister’s anointment as BJP’s PM candidate recently.
The BJP veteran wanted to contest from Bhopal and not Gandhinagar, but he later accepted the party’s decision to field him from Gujarat in the Lok Sabha elections.
“…having represented Gandhinagar Constituency in the Lok Sabha since 1991, I have decided to contest the 2014 General Elections from Gandhinagar itself. I have conveyed my opinion to (BJP President) Rajnath Singh,” Advani had said in a statement ending the drama over his demand to contest from Bhopal.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More