Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday met BJP general secretaries and discussed measures to strengthen the party ahead of assembly elections in some key states.
Modi spent over an hour with the ten party general secretaries over breakfast at his residence seeking suggestions from them on improving governance and strengthening the party. He asked the party leaders to act as a bridge between the people and the government.
This is the first such meeting called by Modi after he took charge as Prime Minister on Monday.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Modi will meet more party workers and leaders at the BJP headquarters at Ashok Road on Sunday evening, in a bid to touch base with them and thank them for their strenuous efforts in ensuring the success of the party in Lok Sabha elections.
The meeting is believed to be an attempt to ensure that organisational strength of the BJP is not weakened in the wake of massive mandate the party received in the recent Lok Sabha elections.
Senior BJP leaders said the aim is to keep the party vibrant and not to let the guard down after the party’s emphatic victory.
Inspired by motivational msg from Hon’ble PM Shri @narendramodi ji,at a meeting with party GS,to serve party and nation with renewed vigour.
— Varun Gandhi (@varungandhi80) May 31, 2014
During the meeting, Modi also discussed how to include suggestions from common people and party supporters to the government for effective and good governance.
Sources said the Prime Minister also asked the party leaders to prepare for assembly elections in Maharashtra and Haryana later this year and Jharkhand, Jammu and Kashmir and Bihar next year.
Besides, he also asked them to be prepared for the assembly elections in 2016 in states of West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Assam and Puducherry.
Among the party leaders who attended today’s meeting were BJP president Rajnath Singh, general secretary (organisation) Ram Lal and Amit Shah, Ananth Kumar, Dharmendra Pradhan, Varun Gandhi, Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Thawarchand Gehlot, J P Nadda, Tapir Gao and Murlidhar Rao.