Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday met BJP general secretaries and discussed measures to strengthen the party ahead of assembly elections in some key states.
Modi spent over an hour with the ten party general secretaries over breakfast at his residence seeking suggestions from them on improving governance and strengthening the party. He asked the party leaders to act as a bridge between the people and the government.
This is the first such meeting called by Modi after he took charge as Prime Minister on Monday.
Modi will meet more party workers and leaders at the BJP headquarters at Ashok Road on Sunday evening, in a bid to touch base with them and thank them for their strenuous efforts in ensuring the success of the party in Lok Sabha elections.
The meeting is believed to be an attempt to ensure that organisational strength of the BJP is not weakened in the wake of massive mandate the party received in the recent Lok Sabha elections.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Senior BJP leaders said the aim is to keep the party vibrant and not to let the guard down after the party’s emphatic victory.
Inspired by motivational msg from Hon’ble PM Shri @narendramodi ji,at a meeting with party GS,to serve party and nation with renewed vigour.
— Varun Gandhi (@varungandhi80) May 31, 2014
During the meeting, Modi also discussed how to include suggestions from common people and party supporters to the government for effective and good governance.
Sources said the Prime Minister also asked the party leaders to prepare for assembly elections in Maharashtra and Haryana later this year and Jharkhand, Jammu and Kashmir and Bihar next year.
Besides, he also asked them to be prepared for the assembly elections in 2016 in states of West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Assam and Puducherry.
Among the party leaders who attended today’s meeting were BJP president Rajnath Singh, general secretary (organisation) Ram Lal and Amit Shah, Ananth Kumar, Dharmendra Pradhan, Varun Gandhi, Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Thawarchand Gehlot, J P Nadda, Tapir Gao and Murlidhar Rao.