Launching an attack on BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate, Congress leader M Veerappa Moily on Tuesday said Narendra Modi will not become the Prime Minister because he has become an “untouchable” for NDA partners and an “autocrat” within BJP.
“Modi will not become prime minister. The manner in which he is going in an autocratic way within his party – He has finished all the first and second line of leadership in Gujarat, and now has started doing this in the entire country,” the Oil Minister told PTI here.
Also, Modi has “no belief” in parliamentary system and ultimately the country will marginalise him, Moily said.
Moily said, “Modi has become an untouchable for NDA partners as there are only two partners with the BJP prime ministerial candidate compared to 23 at the time of Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s rule.”
“Modi is a disintegrating and polarising impact on Indian politics and NDA partners,” Moily charged.
He said Modi also has no strength in the South, North-East states including Assam, West Bengal and Orissa, and added, “With all these, where will he get the strength from.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Asked how the Congress sees the possible contest between AAP leader Aravind Kejriwal and Modi in Varanasi Lok Sabha constituency, Moily said, “Kejriwal and Modi are aberrations in Indian democracy.”