The Bharatiya Janata Party prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, on Saturday, alleged that the UPA government has cheated the women of the country under the guise of the Nirbhaya Fund because not a single penny has been spent from it.
“When Nirbhaya died, the nation was shocked but the UPA government did nothing to check crime against women. It was only when the nation rose in protest that the UPA government announced the Rs 1000 crore Nirbhaya Fund in its last budget,” said Modi.”The government is so cruel that it did not spend a single rupee for the safety and empowerment of women but in this year’s budget, it again announced Rs 1000 crore under the same fund.”
Modi asked both Sonia and Rahul Gandhi to “stop fooling people of the country but look around them to find out how safe women are. How can they stop crimes when most of the political leaders in jail are from the Congress”.
In the North East the maximum number of crimes against women are in the Congress-ruled states with Assam being ranked third in the country, said Modi.
Referring to the killings of one-horned rhino, which is Assam’s pride, he said: “We have information that there is a Minister in Assam (who he refused to name) under whose directions jungles are being felled and rhinos being killed to settle down illegal migrants from Bangladesh.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“They also have the audacity to claim that this a part of their secular credentials. What does the rhino have to do with secularism? We do not care if hundred governments have to go but we will not allow a single rhino to be killed.”
He claimed the Congress in their pursuit of vote-bank politics has destroyed the state’s resources as well as the future of the youth by taking away their employment opportunities.