The Bharatiya Janata Party prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, on Saturday, alleged that the UPA government has cheated the women of the country under the guise of the Nirbhaya Fund because not a single penny has been spent from it.
“When Nirbhaya died, the nation was shocked but the UPA government did nothing to check crime against women. It was only when the nation rose in protest that the UPA government announced the Rs 1000 crore Nirbhaya Fund in its last budget,” said Modi.”The government is so cruel that it did not spend a single rupee for the safety and empowerment of women but in this year’s budget, it again announced Rs 1000 crore under the same fund.”
Modi asked both Sonia and Rahul Gandhi to “stop fooling people of the country but look around them to find out how safe women are. How can they stop crimes when most of the political leaders in jail are from the Congress”.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
In the North East the maximum number of crimes against women are in the Congress-ruled states with Assam being ranked third in the country, said Modi.
Referring to the killings of one-horned rhino, which is Assam’s pride, he said: “We have information that there is a Minister in Assam (who he refused to name) under whose directions jungles are being felled and rhinos being killed to settle down illegal migrants from Bangladesh.
“They also have the audacity to claim that this a part of their secular credentials. What does the rhino have to do with secularism? We do not care if hundred governments have to go but we will not allow a single rhino to be killed.”
He claimed the Congress in their pursuit of vote-bank politics has destroyed the state’s resources as well as the future of the youth by taking away their employment opportunities.