- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Nandan Nilekani, wife declare assets worth Rs 7,700 cr
Making his wealth public a day before stepping into the fray, Infosys co-founder and Congress candidate from Bangalore South, Nandan Nilekani declared that he and his wife Rohini have assets worth Rs 7,700 crore.
In an official statement he said they have assets worth Rs 7,700 crore on account of the success of Infosys, which they were involved with from its founding stages in early 1980s. Most of the wealth, almost 80% remains in Infosys shares, with 1.45% of the company’s shares owned by Nilekani and 1.3% by his wife .