- BJP poses five questions to AAP, Kejriwal says let’s debate
- In last leg, BJP goes back to Modi
- In Swachh Bharat times, BJP leaves a mess in Paharganj
- In Batla House, Muslim leader from Gujarat backs Modi, BJP
- Okhla’s election battle rests on what lies six feet under
- Lawyer files complaint against Kejriwal for ‘abetting bribery’
- Congress, BJP workers defect to AAP
Name missing from voters list, Bihar DGP fails to cast vote
Bihar Director General of Police (DGP) Abhyanand could not cast his vote on Thursday as his name did not figure in the voters list.
“My name is not in voters list hence I am not able to exercise my franchise,” said Abhyanand.
He said it had happened in the last elections time too.
The DGP said that due to work pressure he could not do the running around to get his name included in the voters list.
Abhyanand lives in his private residence at Patel Nagar under Shashtri nagar police station area.
The locality forms part of Patna Sahib Lok Sabha seat where actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha is locked in contest with Bhojpuri actor Kunal Singh of Congress, Gopal Prasad Sinha of JD(U) and former minister and Aam Aadmi party (AAP) leader Parveen Amanullah.
The DGP said he was monitoring security situation in seven Lok Sabha seats in the state where polling is taking place Thursday.